NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Beginning

5 posters

Go down

A New Beginning  Empty A New Beginning

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Dear Patrons of Parliament,

Congratulations on your annexation from mainland Off Topic to your own land. Please create threads as you please that best suits your needs and organization. I trust you will handle this new found beginning with great care. I hope recruitment goes well. I would like to know which positions each of you hold. Please consider adding your title to your signature, or start a thread listing them.

Regards,

Emperor Frank

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

A New Beginning  Empty Re: A New Beginning

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Emperor Frank. Thank you for giving us more control over our own world. As OTI director of mental health (assuming I am not stripped of my title and thrown in jail. Legal hearings are ongoing) I would like to assure you that our Island di make you proud.

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:17 pm

All Hail Emperor Frank!
This is truly a great day! We are very fortunate to have a benevolent and forward-thinking leader like the Emperor. I just looked outside the Hall of Justice and fireworks were heralding this momentous occasion. Emperor Frank we will make you proud of this island and it will become the jewel of your Kingdom! Let us celebrate with unlimited mango and banana drinks in the Coconut Room!
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Emperor Frank: Your kindness is exceeded only by your forecasting talents. This is the day the Founding Fathers of OTI have been dreaming of since the Island was first founded Fourscore and minus 77 years ago.

To make the transition complete we ask, as per the OTI bill 37152 as seen below, to grant the authority, in other words change the authorship, of the Main OTI thread from ex king Mugs, to either the "Director of parliament" Docstox or the "Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler: myself, or a combination of the above so we can finally change the heading and titles from OT, it should read OTI:, and the subtitle "will Mugs be overthrown" which is news from three years ago. If you grant us this power we will wield it wisely and only use subtitles that are family friendly.

I am forever in your debt.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler
Director of the Treasury
Acting Director of Immigration and Tourism, until Taffy returns.

billg315 wrote:
First I endorse the Emperor granting authority to either the Director of Parliament or the "Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler Director of Treasury Acting Director of Immigration and Tourism, until Taffy returns" to make changes to this thread and/or its title. In an emergency situation the Emperor may not be available and if a sudden change is required someone who is regularly present on the island should be able to step into action. I do recommend that you approach the Emperor delicately. He has been under a lot of pressure with the recent warming of the short-term forecast and he (with complete justification in my mind) may be prone to strangling the next person who approaches him with a "winter is over" or "how come it's not cold yet" question. Walk a mile in the Emperor's shoes before complaining that your feet hurt, I say.
As for the lawsuit settlement, as you might imagine the defendant's in this case are a disreputable bunch. They are claiming that they don't have the money to pay right now because it has all been spent on social and city services for those who are living in the city as part of NYC's "Sanctuary City" status. The defendant's have counter-offered as an alternative to paying the settlement that they place what they label as one of the city's "foreign-born newcomers" in charge of snow measurements in the park. I have rejected this counter-offer outright.
Respectfully
Billg
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Well think about this, we are fast approaching the 1100 post threshold which I have highlighted in the past. And the question "Will mugs be overthrown?" is no longer relevant because as it turns out, he was overthrown over two years ago. Since OTI now has its own section as granted by emperor Frank, and since it was amugs who created the thread (and therefore it would be him that has the authority to change the secondary title of the thread), I think the best we can do is lock the thread and maybe one of the current leaders (preferably CP or Doc) can create the next thread under a different caption. Think of this as the next chapter of this great Island on which we reside!

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:45 am

From it's humble beginning nearly 3 years ago, I have watched proudly as Director of Parliament and later as the Director of the OTI Sanitarium, that was created by the Philanthropy of our wealthier citizens for the alleviation of the many psychiatric maladies caused by snow deprivation or snow derangement syndrome of Mainlanders, I humbly accept Emperor Frank's most generous offer of Independence for our Island.We have survived near civil wars, defections,espionage by the Zookeeper(portrayed in our early Island history), and other incidents.By granting us Independence, the Emperor shows great kindness and appreciation and I wish to assure him that OTI will ALWAYS be a positive influence that the Mainland will be proud of.

This year we have added outstanding officials to our Citizenry, save for one, our Director of Mental Health, who is currently under review by our Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor Billg and myself.However, I am working closely with Parliament on an appropriate punishment as per OTI law regarding the egregious violation of OTI protocol.I feel this matter will be resolved rapidly and with compassion.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum